Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings - Crock Pot Style

I know I have said that I like this recipe or that one as I have been writing these. But, this Chicken and Dumplings is one of my favorite!!
As I was growing up, my Mom would make chicken and dumplings a lot in the fall/winter time. I loved it! Something about the dumplings made me so happy each time we had it. I never learned how to cook it from her but I do remember she baked chicken legs and other parts and we ate it separate from the dumplings. I remember my little brother loving the chicken, and I loved the dumplings! I have never been a "chicken or meat on the bone" type of girl, so when I heard this recipe I was super excited!! I didn't know for sure if it would taste like my Mom's though. But ohhhh it does!! It's oh sooooo good! Give it a try, super easy in the crock pot all day.... come home to a hot meal!!

Chicken and Dumplings

4 frozen Chicken Breasts
2 tb butter
1 can cream of chix soup
1 can cream of celery soup
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 minced onion
1 cup celery minced
1 cup carrots minced
2 chicken boullion cubes
10 oz can of biscuits / or make your own with bisquick and water

Excluding the biscuits, put all other ingredients in crock pot. Mix together. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
About 1 hour before it is done, remove the chicken breasts and pull into pieces - I use two forks and sheered it up. Then return to crock pot.
Open can of biscuits and tear apart and place pieces on the top of the soup (if you are using Bisquick, make them, and spoon little balls into top of soup). I take a spoon and press them all into the soup before I cover it, to make sure it will all cook... they will pop right back up but it will cook it better. Then you cover and cook on low for about 1 more hour.... you just need to cook it enough until the biscuits are done.
Serve and enjoy!! This freezes really well too! Then just drop it into the crock pot and cook it and make more biscuits.
Hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment