Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Copycat Costco Muffin Recipe - Only 31 calories each

The fact that I found this recipe scared me at first! And not that I made them, it should scare me even more. I could eat these daily. Since my husband and I are doing a big diet right now, I thought for sure I couldn't have these at all. But I calculated everything out and for the muffins themselves, without adding chocolate chips, blueberries etc. they come out to 31 calories each!!!! Yes you read that right..... 31 CALORIES EACH!!!  Real Costco muffins are about 700 calories each. (I did make the smaller muffins - 24 per batch, not the Costco size.)
But these are a definite try for everyone!! We made Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffins. Ohhhhh yummmm! You can thank me later for this!
Have fun trying new recipes with it!

Costco Copycat Muffins

1  Box cake  mix, (18 oz.)
2 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup Milk - I used fat free
3 eggs
1/3 cup veg. oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
 
Preheat oven for 375. Mix all ingredients well in mixing bowl. Line muffin tins with disposable cupcake cups. Scoop mixture into each muffin tin - I use a ice cream scoop to make them all about the same size. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
 
There are many ideas on what kinds of muffins that you could make. We used a Devil Food cake mix and added chocolate chips. You could also use a white or butter mix with blueberries. There are so many ideas, red Velvet, lemon, poppy seed????? Have fun making your own!!
Mine might not look like Costco's but oh they taste just like them and so many less calories!!
 
 
 
 


1 comment: